Are you planning to visit USA in coming time?

Then the information provided below will be of great help. While visiting any new country, you need to be well-versed of all the paper-work that you need to complete. Then only, you can be sure of a safe and sound visit. If you are a citizen of Japan and want to visit USA for 90 days or less time, or you will be there for transit, then you need to apply for ESTA.

ESTA stands for Electronic System for Travel Authorization. In simple words, it is a process that you need to follow. You need to apply for ESTA and the system will determine if you can visit the states or not. If you get the permit, you can stay there for 90 days or less, for sightseeing, or business. However, if the application gets rejected for any reasons, then you need to apply for proper VISA through the procedure available for it. ESTA comes under Visa Waiver Program. There are currently 38 countries that come under this and Japan is one of them.

Electronic System for Travel Authorization

Though you can apply it on short notice as well as it takes few minutes to get it, however, you still should follow the right procedure and apply for it at least 3 days prior to your visit. You have to pay a charge of $ 14.

If you can do it own your own, then it is good. But, if you find it difficult, then luckily there is help available. You can get it done by any third party websites. But the thing to be noted is you need to make sure the website is authentic and efficient. Otherwise, you can become a prey of scam. These websites file the application on the official website esta cbp dhs gov and charge you some money in return. If in any case, your application gets rejected, then you will get a refund for sure.